Saturday 2 March 2013

Yorkshire Dales Ice Cream Parlour


Calm Slate Farm, Off A59, Halton East, Nr Skipton, BD23 6EU | www.yorkshiredalesicecream.co.uk | @YorksDalesIceCr

Type of Food: American Style Diner / Ice Cream Parlor

Occasion: Just because
Date Visited: March 2013
Overall Rating: ***** Amazing

When you say it out loud it doesn't really make sense. An American Diner selling homemade Ice Cream in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales. But when your driving along the A59 from Skipton to Bolton Abbey the sign is right there. This way to the Yorkshire Dales Ice Cream Parlor

I've been coming here for years. Even before the diner was finished. When ever I have friends come visit, this is where we end up, and not just for the ice cream. 
The food here is just as big a draw than the ice cream if not bigger. I don't think there is a thing on the menu I couldn't eat and yet I always find myself taking the easy option. A Coney Island Hot Dog. Not your run of the mill hot dog, a bread bun and a sausage - not a cheap hot dog sausage - a real sausage, topped with chilli - home made chilli - with cheese, and jalapeños. This may be one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life.


The drinks menu is just as exciting. This was my first Coke float since I was a child and it's great. They even have a special machine for them - not entirely sure what it does though. There's also a wide array of milkshakes, smoothies and sodas. 


And then there't the ice cream. I love ice cream and the range here is outstanding. I have only been let down by one flavor and that was Cappuccino - it tasted too much like coffee so god knows what I was expecting ... If you get hooked which is very easy to do, there's even freezers full of tubs of the stuff which you can take home.

All in all, this is one of my favourite places in Yorkshire. Amazing food; Amazing ice cream; and Amazing atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment